Thursday, August 28, 2008

WHAT, WHY and HOW MUCH?


A lot of books deal about HOW- how to start a business, how to trade stocks, how to make money from real estate, etc. While these knowledge are essential, it's not enough. Knowing HOW is just a small part of the equation. What's more important is the WHAT, WHY and HOW MUCH.

WHAT do you want? What are your dreams? What are your goals? What are your plans? What are you doing to achieve them?

We have to know what we really want. Everybody wants to be rich. Everybody wants to amass wealth. Everybody wants financial freedom. I keep hearing these that wanting them starts to sound kinda average. While a lot of people were affirming their wants and betting their way to get it through the most popular investment scheme in the country, the lotto, I was desperately searching for that one, elusive answer to reach my dreams. Unfortunately, I kept failing. The more I failed, the more I doubted my ability to know what I really want.

In his bestselling book, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki wrote the first step to financial freedom is to have a reason greater than reality. It is not enough to know what we want, we have to know our "WHY." We need to be clear about why we want something.

After some soul searching, I found what I want and why I want it. Yet it didn't make things easier. I still kept jumping from one business to the next. After hearing some stories from successful people at IMG, I realized I kept failing because I wasn't persistent enough. I always knew I had other choices. I can drop any project anytime. This prevented me from giving my best to a single endeavor. My HOW MUCH wasn't enough. People succeed because they persist. We have to want it bad enough in order to win.

No comments: